Klatovy – the West Bohemian district town located in Pošumaví, 42.5 km south of Pilsen. The city is sometimes called „Šumava gateway“. Crossed by small Drnový creek, which flows into the river Úhlava.
Klatovy was founded during 1260–1263 by Přemysl Otakar II. There are several historic buildings in the town such as the Black Tower, the Baroque Pharmacy, the Jesuit church with catacombs and the Archeacon’s church.
In Klatovy starts cycling race King of Sumava, in May for mountain bikes (MTB) in September for road bikes (ROAD). In early July is held every year the chess tournament for Cup of town Klatov. Also there is allways during spring Rally Šumava.