Kyjov is a town in the South Moravian Region of the Czech Republic. The villages Bohuslavice, Boršov and Nětčice are administrative parts of Kyjov.
The history of the town has been written since the year 1126, judging from the deed of covenant in which Prince Wenceslas presents the marketplace with the village of Kyjov as a donation to the Benedictine monastery Hradisko near Olomouc. Since 1201, it has been a town. In 1539, it was sold to the Moravian district administrator Jan Kuna of Kunštát who built the Renaissance little chateau around 1540; the chateau was extended and restored in the Baroque style in 1911 when it was decorated with the Pseudo-Renaissance graffiti by Jano Köhler. Today the local history museum resides in this oldest building in the town, with interesting nature science and ethnographical collections.
Slovácký rok in Kyjov is the biggest show of rich folklore heritage in the entire region. Its tradition began as early as in 1921 and it has been held every four years since 1971. Every year, the festival attracts thousands of folk culture fans from inland and abroad to the heart of Slovácko. Four days in August, Kyjov is aimed at folk traditions, habits and songs. Tens of folk groups and music bands from Kyjov and its broad surroundings take part in the festival.